10 Ways to Find Low Competition Long Tail Keywords with High Traffic10 min read
Searching for, Find Low Competition Long Tail Keyword, don’t worry you are at the right place
Intense competition in the world of content writing, and online businesses, entrepreneurs, and companies are targeting higher traffic. The intention is to lure potential customers, gain extensive visibility of their products and services and increase market presence. Using long tail keywords is one of the best strategies to achieve such an objective. The critical part is to identify low competition long tail keywords with high traffic.
Before we delve into the ways and methods of finding out the keywords, let us try to understand the meaning and definition of long tail keywords.
What are long tail keywords?
Long Tail keywords are specific keyword phrases that are longer and used by website visitors to search for any content. The objective of searching the phrases may be to purchase any product or service or just solely for reading purposes. The importance of managing long tail keywords with high traffic is to build a connection between the business and its target consumers.
If you are creating and improvising your SEO content strategy, then leveraging long tail keywords must be a mandatory inclusion. They can be used either at the main title of the topic, as the primary keyword, or use in the sub-headings and images. The crucial part is to select the right long tail keyword related to your genre and business sector.
In the next sub-sections, we will focus on the 10 best ways to find low competition long tail keywords with high traffic.
Google Suggest is one of the best tools or ways to find long tail keywords with high traffic. To initiate, start typing a primary keyword or a keyword related to your website content or article. You can find out the variations suggested by Google. This method will provide you a fair idea of the phrases being searched by the visitors or the customers of your business.
You can treat this as your starting point in identifying the list of long tail keywords for using in your content.
Use Keyword Research Tool
For further analysis and research on the long tail keywords, it is recommended to use a popular keyword tool or software. The keyword research tools have the requisite algorithms to identify the trending keywords, the average monthly searches, and the competition. You can easily shortlist the keywords with low competition but with high search volume.
Here are the prominent and reliable keyword research tools that you can use:
- Google Keyword Planner – One of the most widely used tools for keyword research. You can start using the tool after creating your Google Adwords account. It helps to discover new keywords and the search volume of the keywords along with the forecast. The search volume depicts the clicks, impressions, Click Through Rates (CTR), Average Click Per Cost (CPC), etc.
- Google Trends – A powerful tool to find and discover trending keywords. Once you enter the keywords for searching, the tool displays the popularity of the words for a specific region and for a specific time. The graphical display is available as one of its key features for understanding the trends. You can utilize the results in selecting the region and timezone to target while using the keywords in your content
- Soovle – You can find out keyword ideas from various search engines and websites like Google, Amazon, YouTube, Yahoo, and many more with the help of the tool. It helps to prepare a list of keywords that are low in competition
- Jaaxy – User-friendly, simple, and easy to use tool. It displays multiple keyword ideas segregating them based on the search volume and competition. The key feature is its “Quoted Search Result” or QSR that helps in finding out the number of websites trying to rank the keyword
- Ahrefs Keyword Explorer – The tool performs a detailed and in-depth analysis of the keywords searched. It displays the keyword difficulty level, search volume, CPC, CTR.
- LongTailPro – a powerful SEO tool assisting to find long tail keywords, high CPC keywords, and also related words. Besides, it helps to find out the keywords used by competitors and the ranking for higher profitability.
Deep dive into your Analytics
Check the analytics of your website as it provides detailed information on the keyword phrases that pull in greater traffic. List out the ones that are applicable and related to your business. Also, you can check through the keyword referrers and find the long tail keywords that can be used in your content or website. You need to search for organic keywords referrals from your analytics.
Here are some of the best Analytics tools that can be used or leveraged in your website:
- Wix Analytics – one of the best analytics tools for searching long tail keywords with high traffic. You can look for the general performance metrics as well as gain information on in-depth and advanced insights
- Google Analytics – one of the most popular and efficient analytics tools for tracking and reporting website traffic. It helps in graphically displaying the results of the high-performing keywords too.
- Adobe Analytics – it helps to understand which channels like email, mobile, web, social media, etc. have resulted in more traffic to your website. Also, you can find out which keyword phrases helped in driving organic traffic.
- Semrush Analytics or web traffic checker – helps in understanding the website traffic of your competitors, get high volume long tail keywords based on locations and languages.
Google’s related search result
An important and quick method of searching long tail keywords with high traffic is Google’s related search results. You may have noticed that when you specify a keyword phrase in the search bar of Google, there is a section for related search at the bottom of the page.
The section provides you alternate keyword phrases which are potentially searched by other visitors. You can prepare a list of long tail keywords based on the search results displayed. Shortlist the keywords and use them appropriately on your website, twining with the content.
Search Query Reports
Search query reports are a good way to identify long tail keywords with high traffic. In fact, you can understand the list of keywords that are helping to increase traffic as well as convert into potential customers. The report essentially displays the search queries that have resulted in website visits or click-on ads on your website. Once you identify the keyword phrases that are eventually leading to high traffic, you can shortlist them. Relate them to your content genre or topic or for the website as a whole. Utilize the in your website, website content, or for promotion in social media platforms.
Check out the Question and Answer websites
Several websites are known to host forums handling questions from various people. Forums related to website traffic, generation of long tail keywords, content writing, SEO, etc, are quite common. Especially since more companies and online businesses are preferring to increase their online presence. Experts answer those questions with valuable guidance and examples. They also help to install tools or software and guide how to use them.
You can create a user in those websites, search for forums or questions related to long tail keywords and seek assistance. If needed you may also post your questions related to your website content. The websites will guide you in discovering and identifying long tail keywords that would bring in high traffic to your websites.
The prominent Question and Answer websites are:
- Quora – a prominent website and platform where people are welcome to ask questions on any subject of their choice. SEO and keyword generation are some of the popular and key topics in Quora forums
- Answers.com – another popular website where you can log in with your Google account to search for questions related to long tail keywords and even ask your questions
- LinkedIn Answers – LinkedIn is a professional website where millions of users have created their portfolios looking for jobs and connecting with like-minded people. Many professionals post their queries on LinkedIn seeking answers from experts. You can also do the same, enquiring about appropriate long tail keywords related to your content.
Every one of us is aware of Wikipedia. The one-stop solution for finding out the information and details about a topic. The suggestion is to search for your content topics in Wikipedia and chunk out titles from the information to represent the long tail keywords. You can list down the titles and search them in Google or any other search engines to check their popularity, the competition in the market, and whether they truly appear in the Google Autocomplete search bar. Check the “See Also” section too in Wikipedia where you can find a list of related terms of the searched words. The section is present at the bottom of the articles.
Check what competitors are using as keywords
It’s advisable to check how the competitors are using the keywords, and the variations being used in their content. The recommendation is to search for the keywords or keyword phrases in Google and check the websites being displayed. Click on a few of them and check how they have used the keywords or the related phrases. Find out how many times the keywords are being used and the areas or sections where the keywords have been used. You can gain a fair idea of the keywords being used by major players in the market.
It’s good learning on the popular keywords that help in gaining traffic to the website and are perfect for SEO. Using them in your content may easily spur up the traffic influx and even help in converting visitors to potential customers.
It is recommended to check out the websites which rank among the top 10 in the search engine. The ranking proves that the keywords are being optimized and used in the websites to channelize more traffic, increase hit counts and visitors. Besides, you may gain good insights into keywords that you may not have considered before.
Interview or Survey your target audience
A very convenient way to find out what your customers are looking for and pick up those topics as your long tail keywords. Be active in social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, Linked In, Twitter, etc. Visit forums to check what customers are searching for and looking for. If there are possibilities, conduct interviews and surveys to understand the customer needs. You can pick up long tail keywords from the answers received.
Check whether those keywords are being used by any websites, your competitors, or have low competition. Depending on the analysis, you can start using them in your website content for pulling up traffic. Who knows, the visitors may convert to potential customers thereby increasing your firm’s revenue stream.
Conduct a gap analysis
A gap analysis is a recommended step for a thorough review of your website content topics, and the corresponding keywords used in them. Check high ranking and low ranking content topics. Analyze the insights gained on each of the topics. This is one of the intelligent and ongoing ways to find low competition long tail keywords with high traffic.
Besides you need to find out which keywords, currently used in the website, are not earning a great deal of organic traffic. It is better to replace them with more effective long tail keywords for increasing the traffic influx, CPC, CTR, and rank high in the search engines.
The 10 ways mentioned in the above sections have been studied to be effective in delivering efficient long tail keywords. The keywords power up the content of the article so that it comes high up on the search rank. Also, they help to find out the areas where the competition is low and you can pitch in to gain a win-win situation. Simultaneously, you can increase the number of visitors to the website and the hit ratio. Furthermore, the visitors may result in your confirmed customers and charge up the revenue and profit effectively.