7 Ways To Find Talented Freelance Bloggers6 min read
With the overwhelming number of options out there in the market, finding a suitable freelancer might be a tedious task. This is why we have put together a list of the best ways to find talented freelance bloggers and writers to help you grow your business:
1. Post a Job Ad
The most effective way of finding a freelance writer or blogger is by creating a detailed job post and posting it on a specialized job board. Few job boards charge a fee to submit job postings, make sure you read the terms and conditions before utilizing a platform. Make sure that your ad clearly mentions the task, is short and crisp and contains specific details. To attract the right candidate, it is important that the job post is well framed.
Here are some tips that will help you write an effective job description:
- Start with an informative line that contains specific information regarding the kind of writer you are looking for. For eg, “Technical writer needed for 3-4 blogs per month”
- Ensure that you have mentioned the scope of the project including important details such as number of topics, approx word count, amount of projects, and other relevant details
- If you are seeking a freelance blogger with specific qualifications, do mention it in the job posting
- List a rate or pay rate to encourage more freelancers to apply
2. Make connections
Finding a freelance blogger by making connections is a three-step process. Let us take a look at all three steps to understand it better:
- Connect – Visit popular blogs and social media sites to connect with freelance bloggers. You will find freelancers that have guest posted or commented on popular blogs. Else, visit places like Be a Freelance Blogger or The Write Life to connect and network with authors and freelance writers. Once you connect with a freelance writer and are eager to learn more about them – we come to the next step.
- Check out their work – Head over to the freelancer’s blog or website to understand their style of working. By looking at their blog, you will be able to get a good sense of their writing style, quality of writing, and whether they will be a good fit for your business.
- Approach them – Once you like their writing style and think they’ll be a good fit, go ahead and ask them if they’ll be interested in taking up the project. Email the freelancer or fill out a contact form on their website to see if they have the capacity to take one more assignment.
3. Ask for Referrals
Sometimes the best way to come across good freelance bloggers is by referrals. So, before you start preparing a job posting or go out to network with new bloggers, ask around in your professional and personal circle if they know of any freelance blogger who is looking for work. If you have an existing writer working with you they might be knowing several other writers who are actively looking out for more projects. Similarly, you can ask fellow entrepreneurs and see if they have worked with any writers in the past and can recommend someone.
You can also use your social media platforms like Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram to ask for recommendations. Word-of-mouth is undoubtedly the best way to find the best freelance writer. Referrals also give you access to freelancers with proven capabilities.
Fiverr is a freelance service marketplace perfect for finding freelance services for your business. Get access to a whole world of freelance talent at your fingertips. At Fiverr you get quality work done quickly at every price point. There are no hourly prices on Fiverr but the payment is done on a project basis. It provides varied talent that will help you grow your business.
Here are four easy steps to find the best freelancers for your project on Fiverr:
- Check out the work samples on Freelancer’s profile
- Check out the feedback and reviews provided by previous clients
- Choose the package that best fits your need both financially and quality-wise
- Contact the freelancer to discuss the project further and ensure they are aligned with your expectations.
UK-based Peopleperhour.com is another job marketplace that helps you work with freelancers in multiple countries. Similar to Upwork, you can put up a job post or browse its existing database of freelance writers to find a blogger that suits your needs. Once a job posting is online, interested freelancers will send their proposals with existing work samples and prices. Sort through the freelancer’s profile to select the one most suitable to your needs. Connect and communicate with the freelancer to get your project done. Pay with ease, once you are completely satisfied with the work.
A minimal fee is charged by Peopleperhour from both buyers and sellers for a project. With 10,000 freelance writers in its database, Peopleperhour is one of the most promising job portals for both buyers and sellers.
With over 12 million members, Upwork is one of the world’s largest freelance marketplace. It gives access to hundreds and thousands of talented freelance writers with different experience levels actively seeking writing projects on Upwork’s article writing page.
You can post the details of your job offer on Upwork and have freelancers apply for it. As soon as the post is up, you will start receiving proposals from the right candidates. However, before you finalize a freelancer on Upwork, take some time out to look at their existing work samples, ask for reviews from past employers, and ask for a rough outline of the content they plan to write for you. The diverse pool of writers available on Upwork will ensure that you do not return empty-handed.
Another one of the large freelance marketplace, Freelancer allows you to put your job posting for free. Once the job description is successfully posted on their platform, you will start receiving competitive bids from freelance writers and bloggers who will be interested in taking up the assignment. Freelancers will submit a small proposal so that you get an idea of how they are planning to approach your project. If your expectations do not align with their proposal, you can either connect with them to lay down your expectations or go for an altogether different freelancer.
Freelancer allows you to pay for work only if you are 100% satisfied with the quality of the work provided. Another notable feature by Freelancer is the time tracking feature that helps you stay updated with the progress and lets you know what the freelancer is up to.
Check out some best Lead Generation Tools