Jack Dorsey launched Twitter in 2006. Since then it has become one of the most widely used social media platforms around the world, with over 397 million active users. Twitter is a microblogging platform that allows people to share their thoughts with a larger audience.
You can post content, discover stories in your sphere of interest, follow people or companies that create great content, or interact with people. Marketers use Twitter to increase brand awareness and interact with their audiences. Businesses can use Twitter to improve their social media presence and provide their audiences with useful and engaging content.
The 280-character word limit encourages marketers to create short and compelling advertisements.
Your primary goal on Twitter is to improve brand awareness, attract customers through your engaging content, and interact with audiences meaningfully.
If someone mentions your product or services, you can like or retweet their comment, or if they complain, you can try to resolve the issue.
What is Twitter Analytics?
Twitter Analytics shows you the detailed performance of your account on Twitter. It is a great tool that has been available since 2014 and can be used as a personal or business account.
You can use Twitter Analytics to evaluate your Twitter feeds performance. Businesses can use the data to fine-tune their marketing strategy and use Twitter Analytics to optimize the campaign for better results.
You can find Twitter Analytic on the dashboard page. The dashboard gives you an overview of your activity in the month.
It shows a monthly summary of your top stats including –
- Top View (by numbers)
- Top mentions (by engagement)
- Top media tweets (tweets that have images or videos)
- Top followers (the person with the most followers who started following you)
Some key metrics you should study are –
- Number of followers – This metric indicates how successfully you attract people to your account.
- Number of tweets – Measures how active you are on the platform. You can study the reach of your tweet.
- A follower to following ratio – This metric indicates how interested people are in your content. A high follower-to-following ratio shows more people are following your account.
- Mentions – the metric shows you how often people mention your Twitter handle. A high mention count shows many people are talking about you on Twitter.
- Twitter engagement – the metric measures how many people interact with your tweet. High engagement levels show your marketing strategy is working.
Also, see 25 Ways to Use Twitter For Beginners
Why is Twitter Analytics important?
Social media started as a way to connect with friends and family but has now become a platform to communicate your thoughts. Brands are using social media like Twitter to engage with the audience and are using tools like Twitter Analytics for market research and targeted campaign.
77% of all B2B marketers use Twitter to distribute content. 71% of B2B technology marketers prefer Twitter for a product launch.
Going by the numbers it is clear Twitter is a powerful marketing platform.
Advantages of Twitter Analytics
The top benefits of Twitter Analytics are –
- Learn what the audience wants- Twitter Analytics provides valuable insight by showing you what your followers respond to the most. Do they respond more to text posts, photos, videos, polls, or Gif? You can identify content topics that users like and learn which day of the week when engagement is high. You will be able to plan your content better if you know what works.
- Track your growth – You can use Twitter Analytics to analyze Twitter follower trends – how many followers did you gain or lose and growth trends over a period. The data helps you analyze your content and learn if it is getting you new followers or are they losing interest.
- Know when to post – Twitter analytics helps you learn when your Tweets are getting the most engagement. If you study trends, you will learn what time of the day works best.
- Focused listening – Social media is filled with chatter. You can use analytics to focus on credible chatter, that gives you information relevant to your brand. You can use the information to tailor your response to improve customer satisfaction and increase brand loyalty.
- Identify trending hashtags – Hashtags are a powerful digital marketing tool and can be used to increase the reach and impressions of your tweets. Twitter analytics can help you identify trending and popular content hashtags related to your industry and performance metrics. You can use the information to increase the SEO authority of your tweets.
- Identify top followers – You should engage with your followers to build brand loyalty. You can like, retweet, or follow back users that engage with your brand’s Twitter profile. This strategy helps to build brand loyalty while increasing engagement and conversation about your brand.
- Partner with Influencers – Influencer marketing has become a viable digital marketing strategy. They offer higher engagement and conversion. Twitter Analytical Tools help you identify and track the performance metrics of influencers that engage with your brand and select the right influencers to promote your product.
How to use Twitter Analytics to increase conversion and engagement?
Tweeting without a strategy will not yield results. Whether you want to lead generation or boost your email campaign, here are some tips to make your tweets more effective –
Find out if the tweets are getting more engagement –
You can find tweet engagement levels from Twitter Analytics. Go to Twitter Analytics and Click on Tweets to study impressions, engagements, and engagement rates on tweets on your feed.
You can use the data to identify contents that resonate with your audiences and modify your content strategy accordingly.
If any tweet does not get any engagement, you may consider deleting it or tweaking your messaging.
Use your top tweet as an ad.
You can use Twitter analytics to find your top tweet.
Audiences have related to the tweet, you can improve the tweet engagement and reach by turning the tweet into ads.
Twitter allows you to create promoted content.
It is easy to create promoted tweets by –
- Find the tweet
- Click on – More
- Select – Tweet Activity
- Click Promote my Tweet. If you do not have a professional Twitter account, Twitter will ask you to switch to Professional mode.
Use Twitter’s targeting option to reach specific audiences
You can use Twitter to target your tweets to a particular audience based on their demography, interest, and behavior. Targeted tweets are more likely to reach the audiences interested in them, leading to improved engagement and increased conversion.
If most of your followers are women, you may want to consider creating content geared toward women, or if your followers are from a certain age group, you might want to create content catering to the specific age group.
The Twitter targeting option is available for paid ads. To use the Twitter targeting option, go to Settings, and click on- The targeting and Tailoring option. Here you can specify the interests, demographics, and behavior of audiences.
Analyze the performance of tweets by the time of the day
You can use Twitter Analytics to learn when your followers are most active. You can use the information to improve engagement on your tweets as they are more likely to engage with them when they are active on the platform.
Use these insights to create a posting schedule, the best time to post, and drive engagement.
Compare Twitter Analytics with Website analytics
If you have a website you can compare Website Analytics with Twitter Analytics. This information can help improve your marketing campaigns and drive traffic to your website.
Twitter Analytics shows how many link clicks have come from your tweets. Google Analytics shows how many of these clicks landed on your website and which pages they’ve visited.
The information is invaluable in your lead generation and conversion efforts.
Leverage Twitter Analytics for email marketing
You can use Twitter Analytics to improve your email marketing campaign. You can use Twitter Analytics data to find the most popular tweet and turn them into lead generation magnets.
You can create ads for lead generation with links from the collected data to email marketing software. You can use Twitter to help your email newsletter grow.